The Australian Government, through the Australian Trade Commission and Tourism Australia, provides investment advice to global and local investors.
Identifying investment opportunities
The Australian Government can help foreign investors identify new investment opportunities in Australia’s tourism sector. Services for investors include:
- Initial coordination of all investment enquiries and assistance
- Identification of suitable investment locations and partners in Australia
- Market and industry intelligence and investment opportunities
- Advice on Australian government programs and approval processes
- Information on the Australian business and regulatory environment
Click here for the Australian Trade Commission's contact information.
The Australian Government’s Tourism Major Project Facilitation (TMPF) service
The TMPF service will case manage eligible projects through Australian Government approvals processes. Working closely with State and Territory Government agencies, the TMPF service will save investors time and money by streamlining interactions with Australian Government approval agencies. This will ensure tourism projects that require approvals from both commonwealth and state approving bodies can access an integrated investment facilitation service to minimise delays.
Under the TMPF service, significant tourism projects would be granted a case manager to:
- identify the range of Australian Government approvals required;
- facilitate introductions and meetings with Australian Government approving agencies;
- provide support and expertise on government programs and processes;
- assist investors to access relevant Australian Government support programs; and
- help broker solutions to problems that arise during the course of obtaining approvals.
Click here for further details of the Australian Government's TMPF service.
Progressing an investment opportunity
Once an investor has an interest in a specific site, location or opportunity, State and Territory Governments can assist through:
- Detailed intelligence on specific sites within the state
- Advice and assistance on planning approvals and preferential zoning
- Information on industry assistance programs, employment and training incentives
Click here for State and Territory Government contact information.
Destination marketing and industry development
Tourism Australia plays a key role in the development of the Australian tourism industry through:
- Industry research and development
- Tourism investment tracking and analysis
- Destination marketing and promotion
- Investment segment development
- Investor aftercare (i.e. networking, stakeholder management, communication)
Click here for Tourism Australia contact information.