With a focus on the high yield visitor, Tourism Australia's role is to grow demand and foster a competitive and sustainable Australian tourism industry through partnership marketing to targeted global consumers in around 16 key markets.
Tourism Australia is the Australian Government agency responsible for attracting international visitation to Australia, both for leisure and business events. Investing close to $200 million per year in marketing Australia to the world, Tourism Australia has built a strong reputation for developing innovative tourism marketing campaigns.
- 16:1 ROI for every dollar invested in tourism promotion
- +7.8 million fans of Tourism Australia's Facebook page
- +2.6 million followers of Tourism Australia's Instagram page
- No.1 Ranking of Tourism Australia’s Facebook page against other national tourism organisations
- Gold Cannes Lion Award (France), Cyber Category: Giga Selfie campaign
- Skifties Award (USA), Tourism Board: Best Social Media Presence
- Travelzoo Destination Awards (UK): Best Destination, Asia Pacific Region
- Conde Nast Traveller (USA): Destination of the Year 2016
- Loyalty & Engagement Awards (Malaysia) - Best Partnership in a Loyalty Programme
- CMO Asia Awards (India) - Restaurant Australia campaign – Brand Excellence in Services, Hospitality and Travel and Tourism
'There’s Nothing Like Australia' is Tourism Australia’s global consumer marketing campaign highlighting some of the very best attractions and experiences Australian tourism has to offer. Designed to be long-lasting and flexible, the campaign evolves to stay relevant for target consumers in a highly competitive and fast-changing global tourism environment.
The latest iteration of Tourism Australia's 'There’s nothing like Australia' campaign, is putting the spotlight on one of Australia’s key competitive advantages - our aquatic and coastal offering. Backed by Tourism Australia's consumer research, this focus both defends our high ranking for world-class natural beauty in today’s competitive market and renews and reinvigorates consumers' perceptions of our country's aquatic and coastal offering.
Click on the video below to view our Aquatic and Coastal campaign ad, which was launched in early 2016.
Global Target Markets
In line with Australia's whole-of-government and industry long-term strategy, Tourism 2020, Tourism Australia focuses its demand-generating efforts on the markets with the greatest potential to achieve tourism growth, as well as emerging markets to support Rest of World markets.
These markets are categorised below by potential growth of visitor spend (the amount of AUD spent by travellers on their trips to Australia) by the year 2020.
Visitor spend by these markets has the potential to be worth over $5 billion by 2020
Greater China (China* and Hong Kong)
North America (USA* and Canada)
Visitor spend by these markets has the potential to be worth over $2.5 billion by 2020
Visitor spend by these markets has the potential to be worth over $1 billion by 2020
Rest of world
All other markets
*Denotes countries where Tourism Australia also targets Business Events in addition to leisure consumers. Tourism Australia’s activity in New Zealand is focused on Business Events consumers only.