“The three characteristics of Australia's attractive investment: a stable economy, a robust hotel industry and a lower Australian dollar. The low Australian dollar also attracts overseas visitors.”
CEO Dillip Rajakarier Minor Hotel Group
Australian economic fundamentals
Australia has a transparent and stable business environment, and the financial services industry is strong and mature.
- Australia is the 13th largest economy in the world and has achieved economic growth for 27 consecutive years.
- From 1992 to 2017, Australia was the only major developed economy with no annual recession record.
- Australia’s gross domestic product ranks fourth in the Asia Pacific region. It is estimated that the average annual growth rate of the Australian economy will be 2.9% from 2017 to 2021.
Around the world, Australia is
- Visitors ranked 42nd
- Travel revenue ranked 11th
- Ranked 1st in per capita consumption of tourists